Frozen Summer Cocktails
Looking for a way to spice up your summer cookouts? These sweet frozen cocktail pops from Sweet Paul Magazine are perfect for the hottest summer days.
Mojito Ice Pops
Makes 8 Pops
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups light rum
- 3/4 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup soda water
- 3 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Fill the bags, tie, and freeze for at least 8 hours.
Bloody Mary Ice Pops
Makes 8 Pops
- 3 cups good quality tomato juice
- juice of 2 limes
- grated zest of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons grated horseradish
- dash of Worcestershire
- few drops of hot sauce
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 cup green vegetable juice (optional)
- salt & pepper, to serve
- In a large bowl, mix tomato juice, lime juice, lime zest, horseradish, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and vodka. Mix well.
- Fill the bags 1⁄3 full with the mixture, place upright in a bowl, and freeze.
- Once frozen, fill with 2” of green juice. Freeze the pops again.
- Once frozen, fill up with the rest of the Bloody Mary mix, tie, and freeze at least 8 hours.
- Serve with a mix of flaky salt and coarse pepper.
Blood Orange Pimm’s Cup Pops
Makes 8 Pops
- 2 cups Pimm’s
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- juice of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 blood oranges (or regular if you cannot find blood)
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups ginger ale
- 1 lime, sliced
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, mix Pimm’s, simple syrup, citrus juice, and ginger ale.
- Fill your bags with a few lime, strawberry, and cucumber slices.
- Fill with the liquid, tie, and freeze for at least 8 hours.
Looking for help with your own summer celebration? Contact us at Catering by Seasons for event planning and inspiration. As the leader in sophisticated, eco-elegant cuisine, we will help to create a one-of-a-kind event!
Posted in: Recipes
Tags: bloody mary, caterer, catering, catering by seasons, fresh, frozen cocktails, frozen summer cocktails, mojito, pimm's cup, popsicles, recipes, seasons catering, summer, summer cocktails, Sweet Paul, Sweet Paul Magazine
Catering by Seasons is great! We booked them for our wedding. Stephanie was so great with working with us on our desired budget.
Catering By Seasons exceeded my expectation. I used them for a brunch at my house after my son’s bar mitzvah. The level of professionalism along with their responsiveness made me feel at ease right away.
I can’t say enough great things about our entire experience planning our daughter's Bat Mitzvah with Glynis Keith, Catering Manager, with Catering by Seasons.