La Prima Food Group Earns Prestigious Green Certification
La Prima Headquarters in College Park, MD is proud to announce that we have earned the prestigious 3-star Certification with the Green Restaurant Association, making us the highest rated green caterer in the mid-Atlantic region.
In the past several years we have sizably increased our efforts to provide eco-friendly services, adding a large urban garden to our corporate headquarters, and converting two of our main kitchens to 100% renewable wind energy. President, David Evans states, “It’s what our customers want, and it’s our pleasure and privilege to meet this growing demand.”
The certification from the Green Restaurant Association focused on several main categories including Energy Usage, Food, Water, Waste, Disposables, Furniture and Building Materials, and Chemicals. We make sure that we are doing our part, focusing our efforts on reducing our footprint on-site at our kitchens and at our events.
Additionally, we devote ourselves to:
- Follow all environmental regulations and go beyond what is required by law
- Reduce waste through our company-wide recycling program
- Train all of our staff on our environmental program and empower them to contribute and work towards a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle, in and out of the office
- Use 100% wind energy to power our Maryland Kitchens
- Compost thousands of pounds of food trimmings each week, which reduces our waste sent to the landfill
- Organically grow tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, herbs, and much more in our own urban garden at our headquarters in College Park, Maryland
- Partner with local, sustainable farms to bring our customers fresh, healthy foods
- Implement more energy efficient trucks in our deliveries
- Offer Greenware compostable plates, cutlery, cups, and napkins as an option so that our customers can share in our efforts
- Work on farm-to-table menus and event options
- Continually improve our practices by measuring our environmental impacts and by setting strict annual goals to become more sustainable
Catering by Seasons and La Prima Food Group are also registered with the Maryland Green Registry – as the only green caterers in Maryland. On top of all of that, we are the highest rated green caterer in DC on the Green Bride Guide vendor list!
These are some major accomplishments, and we hope to continue ‘greening our routine’ throughout 2013.
To learn more about our sustainability initiatives and how you can green your next event, please check out the Sustainability tab on our website.
Tags: best green caterer, dc, farm to table, green bride guide, green caterer, green restaurant, green restaurant association, la prima catering, la prima food group, maryland, maryland green registry, washington
It was a pleasure to work with Alberto Trevizo and Catering by Seasons. Alberto was knowledgeable and pleasant to work with, and was very accommodating when we had to postpone our wedding one year.
Alberto is the best catering manager ever!! Everything about working with Catering by Season, from the planning, communication, to the execution was phenomenal!
Catering by Seasons is great! We booked them for our wedding. Stephanie was so great with working with us on our desired budget.