Signature Cocktails for a Winter Wedding
Written by Event Manager, Katie McAuliffe
Cheers! ¡Salud! Prost! L’chaim!
However you say it, no celebration is complete without a toast, and what better way to toast than with a signature cocktail created just for you! Signature cocktails are a fun and easy way to add some extra personalization to your wedding or special event. All you need is a drink you love, a creative name and you’re good to go! Here are three examples of cocktails we love that are perfect for this time of year.
Sweet on You
This signature cocktail will hit the spot for those who like a drink with a prominent spirit that will keep them toasty all night long. Made with pure maple syrup, the Sweet on You reminds us of a crisp New England day. The following serves one.
- 2 oz. bourbon (drinker’s choice)
- ½ oz. lime juice
- ½ oz. maple syrup
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then pour in the bourbon, lime juice, and maple syrup. Shake well. Strain into a rocks glass and top it off a wedge of lime.This drink can be served neat or on the rocks, drinker’s choice!
Just “Rose” Married
Our twist on a traditional Greyhound is a fresh way to bring fruity flavors to your winter event. While a greyhound is traditionally made with vodka, our version swaps vodka for gin. Just make sure to look for a gin with fruitier flavors, such as apple, to compliment the grapefruit. The following serves one.
- 1 ½ oz. fruit flavored gin
- Ruby red grapefruit juice
- simple syrup (if desired)
- Rosemary sprig
- Pour your desired spirit over ice in a tall glass. Top with the grapefruit juice and essentially you’re done! A dash of simple syrup can be added for a touch of sweetness and a rosemary sprig makes for a winning winter garnish!
Appley Ever After
Perfect for those holding onto thoughts of autumn, this recipe is full of flavors that remind us of the brink of the holiday season. This recipe is always a crowd favorite. For an extra touch of charm, serve in mini mason jars. Mix together ahead of time and served from pitchers; serves about 50.
- 1 bottle Lairds Applejack brandy
- 1 quart lemon juice
- 2 quarts orange juice
- 2 quarts cinnamon syrup*
- 1 5-liter box of red wine
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 1 46-oz can of pineapple juice
- The Sangria is poured over ice, topped off with a splash of club soda, and garnished with diced honey crisp apples.
- *Cinnamon Syrup is made like simple syrup, by mixing sugar in with hot water and cooking it down until it thickens into a syrup. We add 2 cinnamon sticks to give it flavor.
It was a pleasure to work with Alberto Trevizo and Catering by Seasons. Alberto was knowledgeable and pleasant to work with, and was very accommodating when we had to postpone our wedding one year.
Catering by Seasons is great! We booked them for our wedding. Stephanie was so great with working with us on our desired budget.
Stefanie was such a huge help! Everything was smooth, she helped us find ways to cut costs and advocated for us with our venue.