Seeds to Celebrations
Our Grown-to-Order program that promotes local farms and sustainable, organically grown foods.
We cultivate and harvest fresh tomatoes, basil, Swiss chard, braising greens, watermelon, oregano, thyme, parsley, mint and other herbs from our urban garden and our partner farms. During the growing season, these ingredients are used in all our kitchens. Our farming partners help turn dreams into farm-to-table feasts, and now it can be part of your own celebration. Contact Us to learn more about using locally grown produce and the Seeds to Celebrations process and schedule your event today!
Check out our Blog and visit real events!
The 2017 Seeds to Celebrations Wedding
This gorgeous wedding was planned with the Bride, Groom, Chef, Event Manager and Farm all working toward a completely organic and sustainably produced reception meal. Watch this great video to learn more!
Catering by Seasons is committed to eco-friendly business practices. We are the leading green caterer on the East Coast, certified by the Green Restaurant Association. We are also a recognized member of the Maryland Green Registry.
Our composting initiatives have helped up keep over one hundred thousand pounds of food waste out of landfills since 2012. By switching to new delivery vehicles and adjusting our routes, we have doubled our mileage and cut our greenhouse gas emissions in half. We have cut our electrical use by nearly 20% with energy efficient appliances, light bulbs and energy policies. We are committed to our customers and our planet. We strive to:
- Follow all environmental regulations and go beyond what is required
- Use 100% renewable energy
- Reduce waste through our company-wide recycling program
- Compost 1000s of pounds of food trimmings weekly, reducing waste sent to the landfill
- Organically grow tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, herbs, and much more in our urban gardens
- Partnering with local, sustainable farms to bring our customers fresh, healthy foods
- Work on farm-to-table, grown-to-order menus and event options
- Implement energy efficient trucks in our deliveries
- Train all of our staff on our environmental program and empower them to contribute and work towards a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle, in and out of the office
- Continually improve our practices by measuring our environmental impacts and set strict annual goals to become more sustainable
The food was exceptional from start to finish, and many, many guests provided immediate and vocal feedback about how delicious everything was.
I cannot say enough good things about Glynis Keith and the team at Catering By Seasons.
As mother of the bride, I was totally impressed by the professional, helpful and curteous service Catering By Seasons provided at my daughter's wedding.